Following news from the Climate Change Committee (CCC) that UK homes and infrastructure are unprepared for rising temperatures, polymer specialist REHAU has warned that consultants and contractors must ensure future buildings are resilient against hotter conditions.
NEC, the construction industry’s leading procurement contract suite, and the Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (IWFM) have launched the new suite of NEC4 Facilities Management Contracts in its final edition.
Commercial Maintenance Services (CMS) UK Ltd has secured a major two-year contract with specialist healthcare provider, The Huntercombe Group.
Following warnings from government advisers on the need to ensure building resilience against changing climates, a humidity expert is warning of the risks ‘invisible water’ may have on premises as flood events increase.
The British Security Industry Association and its members’ thoughts are with those who lost loved ones, suffered injuries, and had their lives shattered due to the terrorist attack that took place at the Manchester Arena on 22nd May 2017.
Actavo is proud to announce that it has secured three prestigious, internationally-recognised awards in recognition of its work in the area of health and safety, at the annual Health and Safety Awards organised by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) in the UK. All three RoSPA awards recognise Actavo for its long-term achievements in the area of health and safety.
Mitie And apetito Innovate To Cut Carbon From The Menu At St. George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Mitie has launched its first ‘low carbon menu’ for patients at St. George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust which will save up to 23 tonnes of CO2 a year
- Designed in collaboration with its food partner apetito and St. George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, the menu focuses on prioritising ingredients with a lower carbon footprint, such as poultry, fish and vegan options
- Designed by dietitians, the new menu will ensure all dietary requirements – such as gluten free, vegan and easy to chew – continue to be catered for
The MOD’s Climate Change and Sustainability Lead, Lt Gen Richard Nugee, has officially opened three new environmentally friendly buildings at Nesscliff Training Camp in Shropshire.
RICS UK FM Market Survey, Q2 2021
- Demand for FM services rises across all sectors with the exception of retail
- Profit margins within the sector expected to grow for first time in over a year
- Employment opportunities rise within the sector, but difficulties sourcing workers in buildings operations and maintenance
- Sustainability one of the most important factors with 38% of survey respondents highlighting that end users are now regularly considering energy efficient measures to reduce carbon emissions
The latest RICS UK Facilities Management Survey results show a greater demand for services across all sectors, apart from retail, with FM employment opportunities therefore increasing. Furthermore, for the first time since the COVID-19 crisis swept the world last year, profit margins in the sector are expected to rise.