Wates Smartspace has been appointed to deliver a full‑line fit‑out on behalf of Marks and Spencer (M&S) at the brand new £60m Stane Retail Park in Colchester.
Three Quarters Of Businesses Say Energy Is Now Their Top Risk, As Volatile Wholesale Markets Hit Industry Hard
● 77% of organisations say energy is now their biggest business risk
● 82% believe Government needs to do more to protect businesses from wholesale market volatility
● Almost half of businesses believe the current energy crisis will harm net zero progress
Energy costs have overtaken the recovery from Covid-19 as the top concern for UK businesses, according to a new report, with industry urging Government to do more to help them navigate the current energy crisis.
CIWM has marked the inauguration of its next President, Dr Anna Willetts, with the launch of her 2022 Presidential Report, ‘Improving the way we regulate circular resources in the UK’, which focuses on how best to streamline and give confidence in the End of Waste process.
The Building Engineering Services Association (BESA) has echoed the concerns expressed by the UK’s Climate Change Committee (CCC) that current economic and energy security concerns could derail progress towards net zero carbon targets. In a show of support for the urgency of net zero, the organisation has also launched a new ‘Net Zero Initiative’ award.
Security Officers And Businesses Recognised As Leading Industry Awards Return To The Live Arena
The British Security Industry Association’s (BSIA’s) flagship event, the British Security Awards, returned to the live stage for the first time since July 2019 to recognise security officers and businesses working to keep people, property and places professionally protected during the last 18 months.
The gap widens between the top countries and the rest as transparency increases to meet the sustainability challenge
Europe is leading the way on real estate transparency as a raft of new sustainability legislation raises industry standards.
● Michael Yam becomes 119th CIOB President
● New Malaysia-based President commits to shine a spotlight on sustainability, during presidential year
● Health, safety and wellbeing, and international collaboration will also be high on agenda over next 12 months
The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) has welcomed Michael Yam as its new President for 2022/23.