The British Security Industry Association (BSIA) has announced it will be hosting its inaugural National Shred Day on behalf of its Information Destruction members, in partnership with independent national charity Crimestoppers.
The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) has responded to the latest IHS Markit / CIPS UK Construction PMI which saw UK construction output gaining momentum in May 2021.
Boris Johnson’s announcement last night that the expected ending to many of the coronavirus restrictions we have been living under is to go ahead as planned from July 19th. This will be confirmed on 12th July after a review of the latest data.
- UK claims data shows construction plant fires increased in the second and third quarter of 2020.
- Increased claims coincided with construction industry playing catch up on project delays.
- Hydraulic hose failures and electrical faults are the common causes.
A New Zealand-based team has been announced as the winner of the eighth annual Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) Global Student Challenge competition, after facing a fiercely competitive international field.
- Mitie has supported Essex County Council with the installation of roof mounted solar panels at 15 schools across the county
- The panels will generate 700,000 kWh of energy, equivalent to powering 185 homes a year, saving 180 tonnes of CO2 and around £115,000 annually
- A further 28 school sites and council buildings will also have solar panels installed over the next 3 months, saving an additional 220 tonnes of CO2 a year
Facilities management business Salisbury Group has unveiled a plan to go beyond net zero and be a Climate Positive Company from this year onwards. Alongside a detailed plan to move to sustainable operations, Salisbury has committed to investing 110% of total offsetting costs into environmental projects certified by the Verified Carbon Standard (VCS).
Light Gauge Steel Framing Systems (SFS) External Wall Systems
The Finishes and Interiors Sector (FIS) in partnership with the Steel Construction Institute (SCI) has launched a Specifiers’ Guide to Light Gauge Steel Framing Systems (SFS) External Wall Systems to help specifiers understand the granular details involved in the design process and production of a specification.
- Mitie has won a seven and a half-year contract to deliver services for Lister Hospital and Hertford County Hospital, two of East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust’s hospitals
- The contract is worth £4 million a year and will see over 200 Mitie employees delivering cleaning services for the two hospitals