- 90 kW maximum output for hybrid domestic hot water and heating
- Specifically designed for the UK climate (-20°C to +35°C)
- Reduce CO₂ by as much as 70% compared to gas-fired systems
Commercial hot water and heating specialist Adveco extends its range of commercial air source heat pumps (ASHP) with the introduction of the Adveco L70. This high-capacity air-to-water monobloc heat pump is designed for the UK climate providing hybrid domestic hot water (DHW) and heating.
Bill Sinclair, technical director, Adveco said, “In conjunction with Adveco’s bespoke application design, the L70 offers a comprehensive response for sustainable heating and hot water, providing high-efficiency, low-emission, low cost to operate systems for the life of a commercial building.”
Rated 70kW for typical UK operation at 5°C but climbing to a maximum 90 kW from a single compact unit, and with a seasonal coefficient of performance (SCOP) as high as 4.08 the L70 is perfect for large scale commercial applications and can operate as part of a cascade installation for projects demanding greater capacity. The L70’s dual compressor configuration allows for staged start-up to limit current draw and gives the flexibility to drop to half output under low load conditions.
With ASHPs offering greater efficiencies in low-temperature systems, the high-temperature demands of commercial DHW applications can be a challenge. Achieving working flow temperatures up to 60°C, the L70 supplies preheat for hybrid applications composed of combinations of plate heat exchangers, buffer vessel, with calorifiers, gas-fired boilers or direct-electric water heating providing essential additional heat to meet commercial requirements.
The L70 will dramatically lower CO₂ when analysed using the carbon intensity figures from the new SAP10. Compared to gas-fired systems the carbon emissions are reduced by around 70%, when using the SCOP of 3.47 measured at 55°C flow temperature (Ecodesign warm European temperature zone with a reference design temperature of 2°C).
The L70 remains eligible for applications for the non-domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) until March 2021 and is ideal for projects applying to the Government’s Public Sector Decarbonisation Fund to drive energy efficiency.
- Dual refrigerant circuits with smart control and built-in remote monitoring system
- COP 3.65 (7°C ambient) to 2.83 (-10°C ambient) at 35°C water temperature.
- Maximum working temperature/ambient air -20°C to +35°C
- Automatic reverse cycle for built-in frost protection
- Maximum working temperature range /waterside 25 to 60°C
- Noise level 51.6 dB(A) (sound pressure at 10m)
- W2180mm H2100mm D1070mm
- Dry mass 900kg