- Schneider Electric demonstrates its commitment to the UK and its sustainable future by investing in a multi-million pound upgrade and expansion of its Leeds and Scarborough UK manufacturing facilities.
- The Leeds plant will expand production by 10%, creating new jobs and adding a new test cell and assembly line to cater to rising demand from the renewables industry.
- Scarborough adds a 1,000sq m factory extension and new painting line to focus on outdoor low voltage solutions.
- 40-42 Portman Square, a 100,000 sq.ft. multi-let office
- Workman has also been appointed to manage 3 Harbour Exchange for HX3 Limited.
Door & Hardware Federation (DHF) has announced it will be hosting two free fire safety seminars in the coming months. Taking place on 11th February and 17th March at DHF’s head office and training academy in Tamworth, the morning seminars will primarily appeal to those with responsibility for compliance, fire safety, asset management and procurement within local authorities and housing associations in the West Midlands area. DHF plans to offer these seminars to those beyond the immediate region, later in the year.
Spotlight on Infection Control - Sanitisation
In the lead up to National Bug Busting Day on 31st January, MediSupplies is raising awareness of infection control measures that can be taken to prevent cross-contamination and reduce the spread of infection within your organisation. This article focuses on the benefits of hand sanitisers, sanitising wipes and clean indicator notes, enabling heightened protection from germs.
Outstanding employees celebrated at Spirit of Sodexo Awards
Sodexo, a leading global services company, has recognised the commitment and dedication of its employees at its Spirit of Sodexo Awards.
The awards evening, attended by 600 Sodexo employees, saw 21 individuals and teams win accolades.
Frasers Property Group acquires Cisco’s UK headquarters for £135 million
Frasers Property Group acquires Lakeshore, Bedfont Lakes Business Park for £135 million; currently let as Cisco’s UK headquarters
- Acquisition of Lakeshore, Bedfont Lakes Business Park adds to Frasers Property Group’s business parks portfolio in the UK, and first within the M25
- Three high quality office blocks which are fully let to Cisco Systems Limited as its UK headquarters until 2025
- West London office park, well located and close to London Heathrow
Construction Contract Awards Hold Steady In 2019
The value of all construction contracts awarded in 2019 was £59.9 billion. This represents an increase of 0.2% on 2018 which in turn was 15.7% lower than 2017. Whilst contract awards values have levelled off in 2019, the value of £59.9 billion is approximately 20.3% lower than the peak of £75.1 billion achieved in 2015.
Energy Wasted in UK Offices Could Power 100,000 Homes
Yesterday, the Green Alliance published a report on the energy inefficiency of UK offices, and found that the energy wasted by a few thousand office buildings in just five UK cities is costing companies £60 million. The carbon footprint of the energy wasted is equivalent to emissions from 82,000 cars, and would be enough to power 100,000 homes. The report calls for the use of smart technology and better business incentives to address the problem.
Marcus Curry Joins LEEA Board
Marcus Curry, Managing Director of George Taylor Lifting Gear – one of the premier brands of lifting, hoisting and mechanical handling products – has joined the Board of the Lifting Equipment Engineers Association (LEEA).
Is The North Of England’s Premiere Trade Show For The Cleaning Sector In Your Diary?
The Manchester Cleaning Show 2020 returns to Event City on 25 and 26 March
Attending the Manchester Cleaning Show will give you the chance to connect with the industry, enjoy lively debate, see demonstrations of the latest products and take advantage of many opportunities for business deals. Registration is free.